Saturday, 23 May 2009

Joe's Heebie Jeebies 13, 14: Solace

For all you healthy eating buffs, I'm just saying that comfort eating sometimes does the trick better.

On a more tangential note, this week's episode shares its title with this music:



I've been wondering what it is about Ragtime that's so inherently attractive to cartoonists. Well, I know Chris Ware liked it (and he might well still do) and Cat Garza (his Magic Inkwell link is over to the right of this page) said on his Facebook profile that he'd love to learn to play ragtime really well.

Not that I consider myself in the same league as these gentlemen, of course.  It just occurs to me that some cartoonists have a particular set of preferences when it comes to favourite music; Chris Ware even plays the banjo.

4 comments:

  1. Hahaha! Looks like Joe decided that keeping mum was the thing to do here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He might wish it was a decision, George, but it's hard to get a word in edgeways when Hugo and Stan get going.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Nate. I was in a meeting at work when I thought of the punchline for this, which is why I really wanted to leave a comment on your Saturday strip ;)

    ReplyDelete

The person who doesn’t make mistakes is unlikely to make anything. Where did I make mine in this strip?

Get in Touch

Photobucket

The Cartoonist

My photo

AKA Dubblejay or Mr J

I draw a weekly webcomic - Joe's Heebie Jeebies.